Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ski Day

Mont St-Sauveur & Mont Avila (~1hr from Mtl)
After a week of sleeping, waking up at 8 am for my Monday class was an unwelcome reality. Not to mention waking up on Sunday only to discover I had lost an hour to Daylight Savings! That certainly got me out of bed quicker as I wasn't keen on losing any time on the ski slopes!

I was lucky to finish off my reading week with a family ski day at Mont Saint Sauveur. Much to my surprise, there was hardly anyone there! Lift lines were short and the runs weren't crowded making for a relaxed and enjoyable day. This was only the second time this winter that I've gone skiing. The first was over break and I was quite nervous about it since I was (and still am) recovering from my back injury. This time around I felt more comfortable but I was still cautious. It's reassuring to know that my aches the next day aren't the injury re-manifesting itself, but my body readjusting to different activities. Regardless, it is still inconvenient and resulted in my having to leave a class halfway through because sitting for three hours straight was difficult.

On a positive note, it was such a blast to get out of the city and hang out with my dad and brother. Although I was sore the next day, skiing was so much fun! It was definitely worth challenging my body in a new way to work toward a full recovery. As the mercury rises, plenty of ski hills are still open for the spring season! The McGill Ski and Snowboard Club has weekly outings (usually on Saturdays). For an awesome day, join this enthusiastic, snow-loving group of people to shred some pow! This weekend they're heading to Stowe, Vermont. All skill levels welcome!

See ya on the slopes!

- Martlet Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment