Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Who is Martlet Girl?

Who is Martlet Girl? This is a question maybe a few of you have asked yourselves in reading this blog. Well, if you're a female student enrolled at McGill who is somewhat interested in being active, you are Martlet Girl. If you are a female varsity athlete, you are Martlet Girl. If you are a girl who goes to the gym once a month for the odd spin class, you are Martlet Girl. If you don't even know where the Sports Complex is but you want to find out, you are Martlet Girl! No matter your major, no matter your sport, you are Martlet Girl. That is the beauty of her. She's all of us. So, every few weeks, I'll post a profile of a real Martlet Girl to let you know a bit more about who I am!

This week, I am Sarah:

Name: Sarah
Hometown: Calgary, AB
Major & year: Voice performance, U1
What's your favourite sport?
Basketball. It's a fun and active team sport.
How often do you use the McGill Sports Complex?
Ummmm... not too often. I should probably go more.
What is your favourite food?
CARROTS are probably my favourite snack food. I'd eat them whenever.
What's your favourite workout song?
Strong Will Continue by Nas & Damian Marley
Any guilty pleasures?
Netflix haha
What are your hobbies?
Music and horseback riding.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
A music teacher.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I'd like to go to Italy. It is a beautiful country with lots of interesting architecture. And I would love to one day sing on an Italian Opera stage.
Have you ever been injured in sports?
Yes, I've been injured a few times. Once was while I was riding. I don't remember how it happened, all I remember is that I was going over a jump. Then the next thing I remember I was outside of the barns with a wicked headache. So I had to go to the hospital and get a CAT scan. I had a minor concussion.
If you could try any sport or activity that you've never done before, what would it be?
Tumbling. How cool would it be to be able to flip through the air??


Are you a Martlet Girl? Want to be featured on the blog? Drop me an email at martletgirl.mcgill@gmail.com!


See ya next week!

- Martlet Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment