Monday, January 7, 2013

My New Year's Resolutions

Welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful break and brought in 2013 with a fresh set of New Year's resolutions. I sure did!

This year, I've created a set of goals that will get me back in shape now that I'm feeling a bit stronger after my injury over the summer. I divided my goals up into short-, mid-, and long-term:

  • My short-term goal is to go swimming today and hit the gym on Thursday. (It may seem a little too short, but I have to start somewhere!) I'm hoping that by starting the first week of the semester on the right foot it will guide me to greater success over the course of the year.
  • As for my mid-term goal, I've joined a spin class that runs twice a week throughout the term. For some extra motivation, I've registered with a few friends. I'm signed up and payed for so there's no backing out now!
  • The long-term goal I have in mind is to get back to running. I'm hoping to lace up my running shoes sometime in late spring or over the summer break. This goal is the most daunting for me as I have been in and out of running over the last few years while I try to recover from various injuries and illnesses. What used to be part of my daily routine now scares me a bit... It's tough to get back into it every time and my lack of consistency doesn't help. But this time is a different story! I'm determined to find my way back.
Throughout the semester I'm also going to try a few of the drop-in classes. These Pay-As-You-Go fitness classes have something for everyone: spin, zumba, tae box and more! There's tons to choose from, so don't make any excuses!

See ya at the gym!

- Martlet Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment