Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Busy, busy, busy!

Sticking to our New Year's resolutions are tough, but surprisingly, I've had an easier time with mine this year. I admit, it helps to be bound to a twice-weekly course that I've already paid for and friends to tease me when I miss one. Monday's class was the fifth so far this semester and I know I may sound a little ahead of myself, but I already feel like I'm getting stronger! With this enthusiasm I decided to dip into the gym to do some free weights.

I knew that evenings at the gym were busy, but I had no idea how busy! Doing a scan of the main floor I noticed that only one treadmill was free, two Stairmasters were free and a handful of bikes (mostly the recumbent ones). Everything else was in use. I turned around to chance the weight machines, but it seemed like each one was occupied. "Okay, well, let's try the weights upstairs since that's what I came for anyways," I thought to myself. Not even at the top of the stairs I could tell I was out of luck. As my last hope, I went to find the mats on the other mezzanine for some stretching post-spin. Holy smokes. So. Many. People. I have never seen a gym so full! Feeling rather stunned I decided to just give in to my tired muscles and I headed home.

From my experience, the best time to go to the gym would be midday. You're almost guaranteed a machine and/or workout space and you don't feel the same pressure to keep to the time limit. Seven-thirty at night is certainly the opposite. Sure, it's conveniently after your long school day, but if you can squeeze in a workout during your lunch break, I highly suggest it! That way you not only skip the gym wait times, but also the cafeteria wait times.

Good luck!

- Martlet Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment